KERINCI WILDLIFE TREKKING
6 DAY KERINCI WILDLIFE TREKKING, Wild Sumatra. 6D/5N
The Sumatran Tiger Trek takes you deep into primary rainforest and through Sumatran tiger habitat. You’ll hike up ridge trails, cross jungle streams, visit peaceful waterfalls, and even take a dip in the magnificently blue Lake Kaco. You’ll see the endemic black gibbons of Sumatra called “Siamang”, mitered leaf monkeys(Sumatran Surili), hornbills, and a variety of birds and other wildlife.
A few of our guests have even had the good fortune of seeing sun
bears and Sumatran tigers. With a huge majority at the very least seeing pug marks, scratches, scat, and other signs of recent activity.
DAY 1: Arrival at Minangkabau International Airport ( Padang)
– Transfer to hotel/hostel/ bnb
– Overnight in Padang
– Padang city tour (optional )
DAY 2: Transfer from PADANG to Kerinci ( Kersik tuo )
– Driving to the southern part of Sumatra direction passing through the Bung Hatta National Park, the lake Diatas and Dibawah (twin lake). With a brief stop on the way to see a typical Minangkabau village with the traditional Minangkabau houses(Rumah Gadang)
–The journey is about 7 hours drive to Kersik Tuo.
– Arrival to Kersik Tuo, have rest, walking tour around village (optional).
– Overnight in Kersik Tuo
DAY 3- 4 – 5 : Exploring Kerinci rainforest Sumatra tiger trek . Overnight in jungle.
– Start your journey through the Sumatran wilderness, Head down the of the hilly mountain area listening and watching for “siamang” Sumatra black gibbons and hornbills, who each begin their enchanting calls in the morning. Keep eyes on the path for any signs of tiger pug marks, tapir tracks, or other wildlife signs.
– After roughly five hours of trekking, arrive at the unnamed waterfall where we will make camp. Enjoy swimming in the fresh mountain water, ride the natural rock slide beside the
waterfall into the pool below, or continue exploring the surrounding rainforest. Prepare camp for overnight in the jungle.
– During the trip meals are provided in jungle. Lunch and dinner are prepared and served in the jungle( local and organic food). Mineral water, coffee, , tea will be provided whenever you would like it.
– From the jungle stream, continue full day hiking through lush, untouched forests until we arrive at Lake Kaco. The Lake with brilliantly blue swimming hole and natural aquarium deep in the forest is naturally unique setting.
– Set up camp in the forest surrounding the lake. Before sleep, we will take a night walk for chances of spotting nocturnal creatures like civets, slow-loris, flying squirrels, and a variety of tree frogs.
DAY 6 : Transfer from Kerinci ( Kersik tuo ) to Padang
– Continue trekking and leaving out the forest
– Arrival in Kresik Tuo transfer to Padang 7 hour drive ( Normally we will arrive late in the night in Padang city).