11 Day Experience with Minangkabau community and Mentawai Tribe
Authentic Immersive – experience with two of most popular ancient cultures in Sumatra, connected in one tour!
Immersion with the largest Matriarchy community in the world. Authentic experience with the Mentawai flower man in their native forest. It will be more than a just a vacation, this creatively-designed journey embrace the customs and culture of vibrant communities located in most compelling and isolated regions.
Your perfect holiday getaway in Sumatra, together with Minangkabau communities and Mentawai tribe in their native forest. This journey will gain so much unique experience by seeing and adapting ourselves in to the new cultures. Understanding life of different people. We hope this experiences will allow you to be better connect to your own life. Seeing how other cultures live and learn valuable skills that you can then take back home.
This great cultural engagement trips will provide you with plenty opportunity to meet and interact with locals and learn culture and tradition directly from those that practice it.
- Culture and Food
- Life with tribe
- Tribal crafts
- Best of Sumatra in one Trip
- Nature, sightseeing
- Flora and Fauna we meet on the way
- Organised and planed out all for your comfort
- Local guide speaking all languages
- Transfers and accomodation
Day 1 -2 : Start from Padang and stay in Maninjau village with inhabitant. Local activities included.
– Our journey will start from Padang city, transfer to Maninjau village
– On the way we have planned stop to enjoy Malalak rainforest view and visiting home industry of cinnamon.
– Once arrived in the village, meet up with your host family and set up for stay.
– Join activities with local community in rice field, plantation. Tasks that we will do is an activity that is related to local people natural environment for example, planting rice in rice field, harvesting, and various tasks in plantation ( work with spices)
– Rendang cooking class. Learning to make one of the top 50 dishes in the world * the famous traditional
Minangkabau dish.(*according to CNN )
Day 3-4 : Stay Harau village and local activities with villagers.
– Transfer to Harau valley on the way have some stop to see sugar cane processing
in lawang village, and continuing to view point of Sungai landia village.
– On arrival in Harau valley village we will meet your host family, free time for the rest of the day and enjoy the
– Next day joining local activities with your host family in rice field (catching-fishing eels with traditional
– Learning Minangkabau traditional music instrument ( Saluang )
– Evening and dinner with local family
– Trekking to Harau jungle and visiting thousand cave (Ngalau 1000) of Harau valley and passing by the Harau waterfall
– Culture exchange and sharing experience and evening dinner with family
Day 5 : Harau valley Minangkabau king’s palace and back to Padang
– Breakfast and farewell with our host family
– Visiting Minangkabau king’s palace
– Lunch will provide on the way in local restaurant
– Back to Padang city
Day 6 : Padang- Siberut island
– Mentawai clan house
– Start from muara port, Padang at 07:00 am by fast ferry (5h)
– Transit in Sikabaluan ( north part of Sibeurt ) 1 hours then Lunch will provide in local
– On arrival in muara Siberut, transit in govermnet village take some rest and coffe break
– Departure to jungle by traditional motor canoe ( crossing scenic jungle river )
– Trekking to mentawai clan house and meet the mentawai shaman and family member
– Evening and dinner with the mentawai family
Day : 7-8-9-10 : stay with Mentawai clan in the jungle, explore remote village, experiencing local life Mentawai
– Breakfast with the family
– Explore jungle area the remote village and visit another clan family house
– Participating in their daily activities, activities that we will do such as such as ( making
traditional clothes, sago processing as primer food, hunting, fishing, handy-crafts,
Mentawai , harvesting and etc)
– learning with the Mentawai shaman about Mentawai traditional medicine ( herbs ) and
learning how to process Mentawai traditional poison
– Exploring jungle area heading towards the remote villages and visiting another clan family
house (to see and learn how to process Mentawai traditional poison and Mentawai archery
– Move to another clan family ( visit and stay with several family )
– Visiting and move for several “Uma” ( Mentawai traditional house )
– Exchange culture by Mentawai shaman
– Evening and dinner with the Mentawai family
Day 11 : Leaving remote village
– Siberut port and come back to Padang
– Breakfast and farewell with your host family
– Back to government village and transfer in local house
– Cleaning your stuff, local shower, coffee break and lunch
– Leaving Siberut at 03:00 pm by fast ferry. Tour end